Valentine's Day Quotes and Sayings
Browse through these exclusive Valentine's Day quotes and dedicate them to your sweetheart so that she feels the most special person on this day. You can either SMS these Valentine's Day sayings or leave a note on a piece of paper for her to notice. Let the feeling of love grow.
Famous Valentine's Quotes
- Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage. - Lao Tzu
- Love is life. All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love. Everything is, everything exists, only because I love. - Leo Tolstoy
Best Valentine's Sayings
- When I think of you, the world seems more beautiful and life even more worth living.
- The day you walked into my life, I discovered true happiness.
- Love is a game that two can play and both win.~Eva Gabor
- For twas not into my ear you whispered
But into my heart
Twas not my lips you kissed
But my soul
- Love would never be a promise of a rose garden unless it is showered with light of faith, water of sincerity and air of passion.~Anonymous
- Life's greatest happiness is to be convinced we are loved.~Victor Hugo
- What I need to live has been given to me by the earth. Why I need to live has been given to me by you.~Anonymous
- Oh, if it be to choose and call thee mine, love, thou art every day my Valentine!~Thomas Hood
- I don't understand why Cupid was chosen to represent Valentine's Day.When I think about romance, the last thing on my mind is a short, chubby toddler coming at me with a weapon.~Author Unknown
- I claim there ain't
As great as Valentine.
Must, bid the Morn awake!
Sad Winter now declines,
Each bird doth choose a mate;
This day's Saint Valentine's.
For that good bishop's sake
Get up and let us see
What beauty it shall be
That Fortune us assigns.
- Valentine hearts beat more passionately than everyday hearts. ~Anonymous
- Without Valentine's Day, February would be... well, January. ~Jim Gaffigan
- In a recent Valentine's Day posting on her fan website, Britney Spears says that - oh, who cares? - Amy Poehler
- "Love is like an hour glass, with the heart filling up as the brain empties." - By Jules Renord
- "We don't believe in rheumatism and true love until after the first attack." - By Marie E. Eschenbach
- "I married the first man I ever kissed. When I tell this to my children, they just about throw up." - By Barbara Bush
- "A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous." - By Ingrid Bergman
- "If you live to be 100, I want to live to be 100 minus one day, so I never have to live without you." - By Winnie the Pooh
- "I was never one to patiently pick up broken fragments and glue them together again and tell myself that the mended whole was as good as new. What is broken is broken -- and I'd rather remember it as it was at its best than mend it and see the broken places as long as I lived." - By Margaret Mitchell
- "We enjoy warmth because we have been cold. We appreciate light because we have been in darkness. By the same token, we can experience joy because we have known sadness." - By David Weatherford
- "Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of withering, of tarnishing."
- "You wondered how you'd make it through. I wondered what was wrong with you. Because how could you give your love to someone else, yet share your dreams with me? Sometimes the only thing you're looking for, is the one thing you can't see." - By Vanessa Williams
- "There is abundant testimony That if we choose love rather than self, We gain immeasurably” - By Federico Fellini
- "I have been astonished that men could die martyrs for their religion- I have shudder'd at it. I shudder no more. I could be martyr'd for my religion Love is my religion And I could die for that I could die for you.” - By John Keats
- "The two qualities which chiefly inspire regard and affection [Are] that a thing is your own and that it is your only one." - By Aristotle
- "The moment we indulge our affections, the earth is metamorphosed, there is no winter and no night; all tragedies, all ennui s, vanish, all duties even." - By Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "Don't be afraid of showing affection. Be warm and tender, thoughtful and affectionate. Men are more helped by sympathy than by service. Love is more than money, and a kind word will give more pleasure than a present."- By Sir John Lubbock
- "As we grow older together, As we continue to change with age, There is one thing that will never change. . . I will always keep falling in love with you." - By Karen Clodfelder
- "Love is as much of an object as an obsession, everybody wants it, everybody seeks it, but few ever achieve it, those who do will cherish it, be lost in it, and among all, never... never forget it." - By Curtis Judalet
- "Women wish to be loved not because they are pretty, or good, or well bred, or graceful, or intelligent, but because they are themselves." - By Henri Frederic Amiel
- "Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker."
- Don't you get tired running round and round all through the day in my mind?
- Take my heart that beats only for you and in return give me all your love
- Its your thoughts that keep me busy throughout the day and does not let me sleep at night.
- Life is turning out to be an amazing joy ride with you by my side
- Stars, the moon and night sky all look dazzling only when you are there with me
- The last few years of my life spent with you have been the most amazing time on earth
- You have filled up my life with immense joy, pleasure, love and happiness.
- I am dying to be in your arms to find solace and feel a slice of heaven there.
- Take me to a place where no one can ever come and create a gap between us
You can go a little creative and try to send love messages in different languages. Check how to say, “I love you” in different languages:
- In French, “I love you” is “Je t'aime”
- In Spanish, “I love you” is “Te Amo”
- In English, “I love you” is “I Love You”
- In German, “I love you” is “Ich liebe Dich”
- In Hebrew, “I love you” is “aNEE oHEIVET oTKHA”
- In Chinese, “I love you” is “Wo ie ni”
Valentines Day Quotes for Friends
- 1. Every time I am with you, my heart beat becomes faster and my pulses race rapidly.
- You are stuck in my heart so deep that it is impossible to take you out from there now.
- Wonder how you manage to cheer me up every time I am down and feel low.
- I never believed in miracles and then I found that each day has turned to be one because of you.
- Love holds meaning only when someone brings it into our life and you have done just that for me.
- There are no words to describe the amount of value you hold in my life.
- If life were to be a fairytale it would begin from you because you make every thing seem so noble.
- The journey of life may be tenacious and full of poth holes still it will be worth covering when you are with me.
- Life throw's at you many surprises but some turn out to be stupendous and you are one such surprise gift from God.
- You are my angel who has made my life magical and beautiful with your love.
- Tomorrow is Saint Valentine's day, All in the morning bedtime, And I a maid at your window, To be your Valentine by William Shakespeare
- I love you without knowing how, why, or even from where from the movie Patch Adams
- I don't want to live; I want to love first, and live incidentally. By Zelda Fitzgerald
- Life is a flower of which love is the honey. By Victor Hugo
- Love is the master key that opens the gates of happiness. By Oliver Wendell Holmes
Love is a canvas furnished by Nature and embroidered by imagination. By Voltaire
True love is like a fine wine, the older the better. By Fred Jacob
Love is a perfume you cannot pour onto others without getting a few drops on yourself. By Emerson
True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about and few have seen. By Francois de la Rochefoucauld
You can't put a price tag on love, but you can on all its accessories. By Melanie Clark
Everyone admits that love is wonderful and necessary, yet no one agrees on just what it is. By Diane Ackerman
I have loved to the point of madness; That which is called madness, That which to me, Is the only sensible way to love by F. Sagan
Never close your lips to those whom you have opened your heart. By Charles Dickens
Hearts are not had as a gift but hearts are earned. By William Butler Yeats
Love is the mortar that holds the human structure together. By -Karen Casey
He is not a lover who does not love forever. By -Euripides
Life is a flower of which love is the honey.
- Victor Hugo
Love is a canvas furnished by Nature and embroidered by imagination.
Love is a driver, bitter and fierce if you fight and resist him,
Easy-going enough once you acknowledge his power.
True love is like a fine wine, the older the better.
- Fred Jacob
Love is a perfume you cannot pour onto others without getting a few drops on yourself.
Love means nothing in tennis, but it's everything in life.
True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about and few have seen.
- Francois de la Rochefoucauld
You can't put a price tag on love, but you can on all its accessories.
- Melanie Clark
Everyone admits that love is wonderful and necessary, yet no one agrees on just what it is.
- Diane Ackerman
I have loved to the point of madness;
That which is called madness,
That which to me,
Is the only sensible way to love.
- F. Sagan
Did my heart love till now?
Forswear it sight,
For I ne'er saw true beauty till this night.
- William Shakespeare
This senior-junior, giant-dwarf, Dan Cupid;
Regent of love-rhymes, lord of folded arms,
The anointed sovereign of sighs and groans,
Liege of all loiterers and malcontents.
- William Shakespeare
What would it be like to swing on a star, or walk on a cloud? Would it be anything like what I feel whenever you are near?
Tomorrow is Saint Valentine's day,
All in the morning bedtime,
And I a maid at your window,
To be your Valentine.
- William Shakespeare
I love you without knowing how, why, or even from where...
- Patch Adams
I don't want to live; I want to love first, and live incidentally.
- Zelda Fitzgerald
When love is not madness, it is not love. -Pedro Calderon de la Barca
Loving is not just looking at each other, it's looking in the same direction. -Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Wind, Sand, and Stars.
Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs. -William Shakespeare
The hours I spend with you I look upon as sort of a perfumed garden, a dim twilight, and a fountain singing to it. You and you alone make me feel that I am alive. Other men it is said have seen angels, but I have seen thee and thou art enough. -George Moore
For twas not into my ear you whispered, But into my heart, Twas not my lips you kissed, But my soul. -Judy Garland
Grow old with me! The best is yet to be. -Robert Browning
Are we not like two volumes of one book? -Marceline Desbordes-Valmore
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height my soul can reach. -Elizabeth Barrett Browning
Love doesn't make the world go round; love is what makes the ride worthwhile. -Elizabeth Browning
You're nothing short of my everything. -Ralph Block
Love is friendship set on fire. -Jeremy Taylor
My heart to you is given: Oh, do give yours to me; We'll lock them up together, And throw away the key. -Frederick Saunders
Even a million of hearts would be too few to contain all the love that I have for you.
It doesn’t take much to catch the fancy of our eyes, but it takes a lot for someone to penetrate into our heart – you have made a permanent place in my heart.
Sometimes our eyes take over to make love, sometimes we put our hands to action to express love, but the best kind is where our heart takes the lead and runs the show.
I wish our love story would have no ending – I shall be your knight in shining armor and you my charming princess forever after.
I knew I have found my princess the moment I set my eyes on you because not only my eyes lit up on seeing you, but my heart did too.
You make me fall in love every day – always with the same person – and that is You.
A bell is no bell 'til you ring it, A song is no song 'til you sing It - Oscar Hammerstein
A kiss makes the heart young again and wipes out the years - Rupert Brooke
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt - Lucy Van Pelt, Peanuts
All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love - Leo Tolstoy
At the touch of love, everyone becomes a poet - Plato
Believe me if all those endearing young charms, Which I gaze on so fondly today - Thomas Moore
Brief is life but love is long - Alfred Lord Tennyson
Do you love me because I am beautiful, or am I beautiful because you love me - Cinderella
For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart - Judy Garland
Who would give a law to lovers? Love is unto itself a higher law - Boethius
How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. I love thee to the depth - Elizabeth Barrett Browning
I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you - Roy Croft
I love thee with the breath, Smiles, tears, of all my life - Elizabeth Barrett Browning
Love has no other desire but to fulfill itself. To melt and be like - Kahlil Gibran
Love comforteth like sunshine after rain - William Shakespeare
Love is the greatest refreshment in life - Pablo Picasso
Love is the only gold - Alfred Lord Tennyson
One word frees us of all the weight and pain in life. That word is love - Sophocles
Cute Valentine's Sayings
- Chocolate Valentine Ideas
- Exotic Dating Ideas
- Seasons of Love
- Hugs - The Priceless Pleasure of Life
- Wedding Proposals
- Romantic Holidays
- Love Is Forever
- Rain And Romance
- Sunset And Beyond
- Falling Asleep In Your Arms
- The Beauty of Her Beauty
- It is all About Togetherness
- Lets walk the miles of smiles together
- Save the date..It's our big day!
- Watch my legs speak for me
- Dress to Impress your dream man!
- Let your fingers do the talking!
- Stylize your nails!
- Don't just make love, enjoy love!
- Make your lips Irresistible
- Every kiss has to be different
- Lingerie kindles Longing!
- Why make me Wait?
- Love Picture Quotes
- Life Picture Quotes
- Best Friend Picture Quotes
- Boyfriend Picture Quotes
- Girlfriend Picture Quotes
- Crush Picture Quotes
- Friendship Picture Quotes
- Inspirational Picture Quotes
- Love Hurts Picture Quotes
- Missing You Picture Quotes
- Motivational Picture Quotes
- Thinking of You Picture Quotes