There you are having a romantic night in, the candles are lit, the wine (or soda!) was poured, and you are enjoying some sweet kisses. Then all of a sudden the angry man-hating voice of Alanis Morissette in “You Oughta Know” comes blasting over the radio.
Talk about a kissing mood killer! Or imagine if your playlist is on shuffle and starts playing a mix of GWAR, Weird Al, Cannibal Corpse, Lonely Island and the Jonas Brothers.
Hey, we aren’t judging, but then, my friend, you will probably be left kissing your pillow! Your background songs can really make or break the mood, so don’t get caught with a playlist of bad romance music. (And we don’t mean Lady Gaga’s “Bad Romance”)
Without any further kiss teasing, here are the top 20 kissing songs. This is a list with a wide variety to choose from so that everyone is sure to find a favorite tune or three to kiss to!
1. A Kiss To Build A Dream On – Louis Armstrong
Not only does it mention kissing, but it is sung with the silky, soulful voice of Louis Armstrong. This is a song of pure romance and is a classic choice. This is a favorite of older demographics, because back then, well, people just sang with such unbridled passion and eloquence.
2. Just The Way You Are – Bruno Mars
Keep some of the songs current with this big hearted tune by Mars off of the Doo-wops and Hooligans album. It’s hard not to fall for Mars and his old timey voice (Oldies style) with timeless multi-generational fawning. Everyone loves to be loved for being just themselves after all.
3. Can't Get Enough of Your Love Babe– Barry White
No make out list would be complete without a little Barry White. It may be thought of as a joke these days, but with his deep voice and love filled lyrics, there is a reason he is known for being the artist to go to for kissing songs!
4. Wicked Game – Chris Isaak
Is it the dreamy tune or Isaak’s smooth voice? No one knows for sure, but many authorities on kissing tunes rank this one high on the list, so be sure to include it.
5. Whole Wide World – Wreckless Eric
Would you go the whole wide world to find the perfect kiss? This song is upbeat, has charming lyrics, and has a great tune to kiss to.
6. Kiss From A Rose – Seal
This song has already become a classic song to kiss to, it even has kiss in the title!
7. Crazy For You – Madonna
This is the song for those kissers that love the 80’s, but really Madonna is classic, and this song has great lyrics.
8. You Are So Beautiful – Joe Cocker
An all-time favorite for the romantic at heart. Hearing a song about beauty and love makes for some great smooching.
9. We Found Love – Rihanna
Another fun song to help keep your smooching playlist current.
10. I’ll Make Love To You – Boyz II Men
Yes, it is a little cheesy, very 90’s, but it is also still one of the most popular kissing songs to date. Don’t fight it.
11. Your Body is a Wonderland – John Mayer
There is something about the singer that makes women want to make out. If you are a woman you know what I mean, and if you are a guy, well, just put this on your list.
12. At Last – Etta James
This is a song played at nearly every wedding, as it is romantic and her voice is amazing. It also makes a great kissing song for the romantic at heart that love those long deep passionate kisses.
13. Kiss You All Over – Exile
With lyrics about wanting to taste lips and fill fantasies, this is a song written for a hot and heavy make out session. Sexy!
14. Amazed –Lonestar
This is a good kissing song for those that love country music. It doesn’t get more romantic, or more country then this.
15. What Makes You Beautiful – One Direction
After all, who doesn’t like feeling beautiful while they are locking lips? Another current song to enjoy smooching to.
16. Save The Last Dance For Me – Michael Buble
Pretty much all songs by Buble are smooch worthy as they manage to have a good beat, yet are mellow and always romantic.
17. Your Song – Elton John
Good beat, sweet lyrics, and it’s Elton John, what more do you need? If you want an updated version try out Ewan McGregor’s ditty from the Moulin Rouge movie soundtrack.
18. I Do It For You – Bryan Adams
Yet another singer who makes the girls melt. This song, along with runner up “Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman?”, are great songs to kiss to.
19. Let’s Get It On – Marvin Gaye
Come now, you knew this song had to be on here! No hot make out list is complete without a little Marvin on it, and sometimes the obvious choices are the best for good reason.
20. His/Her Favorite Song
Whatever your kissing partner’s favorite song of the moment is, is usually a good choice to kiss to. Favorite songs are often favorites for a reason. Just avoid anything too loud, sad, or silly.
There you have it, the top 20 kissing songs. Of course, what makes a great make-out song to you may be boring to someone else. The key to finding a soundtrack to smooch by is to find songs that both of you like, that have a good beat or are mellow, and that often have lyrics about romance, passion, or are downright sexy. You can make a playlist similar to your kissing style too, slow songs, leading up to faster songs and then slower songs again, or just hot and heavy songs all the way through!
Whatever songs you choose, be it from the above list or not, it is sure to be better than leaving it up to fate and those insane radio DJs!
- Chocolate Valentine Ideas
- Exotic Dating Ideas
- Seasons of Love
- Hugs - The Priceless Pleasure of Life
- Wedding Proposals
- Romantic Holidays
- Love Is Forever
- Rain And Romance
- Sunset And Beyond
- Falling Asleep In Your Arms
- The Beauty of Her Beauty
- It is all About Togetherness
- Lets walk the miles of smiles together
- Save the date..It's our big day!
- Watch my legs speak for me
- Dress to Impress your dream man!
- Let your fingers do the talking!
- Stylize your nails!
- Don't just make love, enjoy love!
- Make your lips Irresistible
- Every kiss has to be different
- Lingerie kindles Longing!
- Why make me Wait?
- Love Picture Quotes
- Life Picture Quotes
- Best Friend Picture Quotes
- Boyfriend Picture Quotes
- Girlfriend Picture Quotes
- Crush Picture Quotes
- Friendship Picture Quotes
- Inspirational Picture Quotes
- Love Hurts Picture Quotes
- Missing You Picture Quotes
- Motivational Picture Quotes
- Thinking of You Picture Quotes
- Love and Romance
- Valentine's Messages
- Romance Ideas
- Birthday Ideas
- Cheap Ideas
- Christmas Ideas
- Creative Ideas
- Cute Ideas
- Romantic Dinner Ideas
- Romantic Evening Ideas
- Romantic Ideas For Couples
- Romantic Ideas For Her
- Romantic Ideas For Him
- Ideas For Long Distance Relationships
- Ideas For Making Up
- Ideas For Special Occasions
- Ideas For Surprises
- Fun Ideas
- Games Ideas
- How To Give A Romantic Massage
- Last Minute
- Making Romantic Phone Call
- Romantic Night Ideas
- Romance At Home
- Romance At Work
- Romantic Gestures
- Romantic Weekend Ideas
- Sweet Ideas
- Ideas To Save Your Marriage
- Ideas To Spice Up Your Love Life
- To Use After A Break Up
- Writing A Romantic Note
- Top 10 Romantic Ideas
- Best Love Songs
- 70s Songs
- 80s Songs
- 90s Songs
- At First Sight Songs
- Beatles Songs
- Beautiful Songs
- Break Up Songs
- Cheesy Songs
- Christian Songs
- Classic Songs
- Country Songs
- Cute Songs
- Elton John Songs
- Songs For Her
- Songs For Him
- Hip Hop Songs
- I Love You Songs
- Kissing Songs
- Love Making Songs
- Loving You Songs
- Popular Songs
- R and B Songs
- Rock Songs
- Sad Songs
- Wedding Songs
- Antony And Cleopatra
- Arthur Miller And Marilyn Monroe
- Catherine Zeta Jones And Michael Douglas
- Celine Dion And Rene Angelil
- Czar Nicholas 2 And Alexandra Federovna
- Elizabeth Bennet And Darcy
- Ellen De Generes And Anne Heche
- Eloise And Abelard
- For Couples
- Helen Of Troy And Paris
- Imran Khan And Jemima Khan
- Jane Eyre And Rochester
- Johnny Depp And Winona Ryder
- Juan And Evita Peron
- Kissing Stories
- Lancelot And Guinevere
- Layla And Majnun
- Lord Nelson And Lady Emma Hamilton
- Love At First Sight
- Lucille Ball And Desi Arnaz
- Marie And Pierre Curie
- Napoleon And Josephine
- Odysseus And Penelope
- Orpheus And Eurydice
- Paolo And Francesca
- Paris And Helena
- Penelope Cruz And Tom Cruise
- Prince Charles And Camilla Parker Bowles
- Prince Charles And Princess Diana
- Prince Edward And Wallis Simpson
- Pygmalion And Galatea
- Pyramus And Thisbe
- Queen Victoria And Prince Albert
- Richard Burton And Elizabeth Taylor
- Romeo And Juliet
- Salim And Anarkali
- Scarlett Hara And Rhett Butler
- Shah Jahan And Mumtaz Mahal
- Short Stories
- Short Sad Stories< Stories /a>
- Teen Stories
- Stories To Tell Your Boyfriend
- Stories To Tell Your Girlfriend
- Tragic Stories
- Tristan And Isolde
- True Stories
- Voltaire And Emilie Du Chatelet
- Symbols & Talks
- More on Romance