How to Date a Coworker - 10 Steps
It’s hard to resist someone you work with. Forget the fact that this person sees you day in and day out, and that he or she shares your triumphs, your anxieties and your career goals. The fact of the matter is your coworkers are totally hot! However, you are correct in assuming that dating coworkers is a difficult angle to manage. Not only do you face the fear of rejection (and everyone in the office knowing about it) but you also have to worry about how management feels, how your coworkers feel, and all sorts of other scandals. Nevertheless, it’s hard to resist a well-dressed man or woman, shooting bullets with their eyes! Let’s discuss 10 strategies on how to date your coworker minus the humiliation.
1. Make sure this person is interested in you.
There’s no use in making a fool of yourself if you don’t have anything to go on but a hunch. Hunches are often sorely mistaken. Instead, make sure that the person is interested in you outside of business, that he/she goes out of their way to talk to you, that they compliment you on a regular basis (just to send you a loud signal) and that they flirt constantly. In other words, don’t mistake a kind work ethic with romantic attention.
2. Anticipate the consequences in advance and create a game plan for them.
How will people react? If the situation turns ugly, what will you do? Make sure you understand the company policy as well.
3. Ask this person out.
This is a very simple step. If your coworker hasn’t asked you out yet, then he or she is probably shy and isn’t going to do so anytime soon. Make your intentions clear and be confident about it.
4. Whatever you do, talk about stuff other than work!
Find common ground outside of the office. There’s no conversation worse than “How are we doing at our job? What can we both do for the company?” Get real and fast before you end up stressing each other out.
5. Keep it quiet.
Don’t go around the office gossiping. (They will do that plenty on their own!) Instead, keep it low profile until you’re sure it’s getting serious.
6. When you do get serious be sure to be respectful of other’s feelings.
That means don’t kissy face, make out in front of other people, or stare dreamily into each other’s eyes. Work is not the best place for PDAs. (Although Personal Digital Assistants are okay)
7. Accept the fact that eventually your coworkers and boss will find out.
This simply means, don’t go overboard in denying it, keeping it a dirty secret, or dramatizing the event any more than necessary.
8. Don’t go into detail.
Bragging, flaunting or mentioning the steamy or “interesting” details is not appreciated. Personal lives should remain separate from what the company sees.
9. Do NOT show any preferential treatment for the coworker you’re dating.
And if you’re the boss, this goes double! In fact, it’s much better to have to suffer at home for slighting your girlfriend or boyfriend than having to explain to the entire office why you’re not being fair.
10. No shenanigans during late night hours.
Those desks are made for working!
The Excitement of Dating - Dos and Donts
How to Cook for a Date
How to Plan a Date on a Budget
How to Prepare for a Date
How to Impress a Girl on a Date
Plan a Christmas Date with Your Sweetheart
How to Find a Date
How to Survive a Date When There’s No Chemistry
Four Hints for When You Date a Celebrity
Date a Friend’s Ex
Amazing First Date Fun Ideas
Is it fine to kiss on the first date
Romantic Date Ideas
First Date: How To Dress Up
Top 10 Dating Mistakes People Generally Make
Top 10 Dating Tips for Long Distance Relationships
Dating After Divorce: Life is All About Moving On
Top 10 Ways to Know if You Are Dating a Freak
Pros & Cons Of Dating Older Women
Can your female friends find dating partners for you
Fun Questions for someone you are dating
Hard Fast Dating rules for Guys
Tips on Dating a Co worker
Dangers of Dating a Co worker
Ways to Ditch a Bad Date
Ways to know if your Dating a Freak
- Chocolate Valentine Ideas
- Exotic Dating Ideas
- Seasons of Love
- Hugs - The Priceless Pleasure of Life
- Wedding Proposals
- Romantic Holidays
- Love Is Forever
- Rain And Romance
- Sunset And Beyond
- Falling Asleep In Your Arms
- The Beauty of Her Beauty
- It is all About Togetherness
- Lets walk the miles of smiles together
- Save the date..It's our big day!
- Watch my legs speak for me
- Dress to Impress your dream man!
- Let your fingers do the talking!
- Stylize your nails!
- Don't just make love, enjoy love!
- Make your lips Irresistible
- Every kiss has to be different
- Lingerie kindles Longing!
- Why make me Wait?
- Love Picture Quotes
- Life Picture Quotes
- Best Friend Picture Quotes
- Boyfriend Picture Quotes
- Girlfriend Picture Quotes
- Crush Picture Quotes
- Friendship Picture Quotes
- Inspirational Picture Quotes
- Love Hurts Picture Quotes
- Missing You Picture Quotes
- Motivational Picture Quotes
- Thinking of You Picture Quotes
- First Date Planning
- Valentine's Messages
- Date Ideas
- Tips for Dating
- Zodiac Compatiblity
- Save The Date
- More on Dating
- Dating Apps
- Can Older Woman Younger Man Relationship Work
- Dresses For A Perfect Date
- Dating Etiquettes
- Excuses To Get Out Of Dating
- How To Charm And Date Older Women
- How To Date A Coworker
- Top 10 Dating Websites
- Why Do Older Men Date Younger Women
- Should Teachers Date Students
- Steps To Write Good Online Dating Profile
- Pros And Cons Of Dating Older Women
- Younger Guys Fall For Older Women