10 Ways To Tell The One You Love That You Can't Get Married
Are you among those who are in a romantic relationship but doesn’t want to get stuck into the confinements of marriage? Well, there are many people like you round the world who don’t want to lose their independence in haste.
Marriage is a responsibility and if you are not yet ready to take that, here are few points that guide you how to tell your love without hurting him/her.
- Tell him in person- Even if you are scared of marrying the person you love; don’t be scared of telling this being face to face. If he/she is serious, a denial of marriage will itself be a solid reason to be hurt, but a phone call made or a mail written may be much excruciating for the person. A face to face clarification will lessen the pain, for sure.
- Take her out for a “special” date- This might be a common feature of your “so far so sweet” relationship, but this time tell her beforehand that you have something important to say. In this way, you can also make her feel that you want say something serious which might make the person mentally prepared for the news you want to break out to her/him.
- Choose the correct place and time- A restaurant / coffee shop would be a nice place where you can sit and put your points forward to him/her for not getting married. You can also choose a private place to do the same. Remember, the issue is sensitive, and you are unaware of the reaction of the other person. So avoid chaotic circumstances, as your reputation might be at stake otherwise.
- Be alone with the person- Never reveal your intention to not get married in front of her friends or your friends. He or she might feel humiliated and may not reciprocate in the usual way in front of a third party. After all you two are in a relationship and whatever be its fate- that should remain confined within you too.
- Talk to the person gently- Never lose your cool. You are talking to your love interest, so even if you are not marrying him/her, the relationship may continue as smoothly as it had been so far. So adopt a polite way to handle the matter, as it is quite sensitive. He/she should not feel ditched or humiliated because of your denial. Take care.
- Tell her you need time to settle down- A solid financial background is very important in successful marriage. Tell him or her that you need time to consolidate your position professionally before you start the journey of life together. This is important to have a better life ahead with your loved one than getting married in haste without thinking about the future. after all, you are marrying the person to stay together forever.
- Say that you have family pressures- Most of us are obedient towards our family norms and can’t get away from it so easily. Tell the person you love that you have issues with your dear ones who do not want you to get married at such an early age. Tell her that you need to devote more time to your family members and hence a personal setup is not possible right now.
- Don’t give him/her stupid reasons- Depict the correct reason and see how the other person appreciates it. Sometimes we give weird reasons for not getting married and thus end up losing the love of our life. Even if you are not marrying him/her now, you may, five years down the line. A stupid reason given now may ruin the chance of that as well.
- Tell him/her that you want to enjoy life with her, more- Marriage is not only staying together under one roof but also sharing loads of responsibilities and duties. In doing so, often people lose interest in each other and love vanishes away in between. Tell your love interest you don’t want this to happen so early, and want to enjoy the love life for some more number of years.
- Ask her/him to wait for you- If you are not ready to marry right now but willing to do so later on, you can ask your lover to wait for you. Career might take a lot of your attention and you might not be able to concentrate on personal life so much. If he/she really wants to be a part of your life, your request will be granted.
- Valentine's Day (44)
- Boyfriend (46)
- Gift Ideas(12)
- Kissing (20)
- Romantic Ideas(29)
- Dating (62)
- Relationship (204)
- I Miss You (2)
- Sorry (2)
- Friendship (39)
- Flirting (67)
- Cheating (16)
- Marriage (28)
- Divorce (5)
- Honeymoon (1)