Surprise parties are exciting, they are fun – and that’s the way they should be both for the organizer and the guests, especially the one for whom the party is being organized. For the organizer, the planning, the hushing up, the extra care et al may give sheer giddiness.
For the chief guest, the fact that someone has taken so much trouble to make her/him happy should tug heart-string. Just as the host/hostess should keep in mind how to make the party enjoyable for her/his lover, the other person should also keep in mind the fact that a lot of love and effort has gone behind arranging the party – so it is best to appreciate the sweet gesture.
Most people like surprises, especially one that is so sweet and thoughtful, one that has been gifted to you especially by your partner. However, even if there are certain aspects that do not suit your liking, don’t be a spoil sport to dampen the soaring spirits on the spot. The minimum tribute you can pay to your mate is to keep mum about it for the time being. In case you want to have things clarified to avoid recurrence, the best way to do it would be a soothing and loving one to one conversation after the event (well not right after the event, please!).
Here are top ten ways that will help you to plan a surprise party for your lover:
- Plan way ahead to avoid any glitches: A surprise party needs a lot of planning and organization so that the day does not bring any mishaps no matter how minute. If it is too much to keep in your head, consider maintaining a check-list.
- Be careful to select the venue to keep the secret alive: Select a venue where you’d have full access to make the preparations. A party right at your partner’s pad may be too much of a risk as far as keeping secrecy is concerned. But in case, you are confident of being able to handle it go for it!
- Double check that your lover does not have any prior engagement on that day: The last thing you would want is your lover not to turn up at the party meant for her/him. So tactfully get to know whether her/his calendar is blocked already.
- The guest list should have people your lover gels well with: Remember to invite people who your lover likes. You would not want her/him to be in any uncomfortable or awkward situation.
- Plan the theme to your lover’s liking: You would be the best person to know your lover’s favorites – keeping that in mind while deciding the theme will make your efforts instant hit.
- Let the guests know it is a secret: Convey to your guests that the party is a secret so that they don’t leak it and spoil the whole fun. If required help them fabricate stories to cover up.
- Arrange for a way for guests to arrive and wait unnoticed: Plan so that the guests can arrive at the spot unnoticed. Arrange for a waiting room where they can remain out of sight. But take care that they are comfortable as well.
- Select the menu as per your mate’s choice: Food and drinks are integral part of any party. Make sure they are appealing to your partner. Check for allergies too to avoid an emergency situation at the party. Also, if you are including alcoholic beverages, arrange for designated drivers – your surely don’t want any mishaps.
- Hold your tongue: This may be a very difficult thing to do especially if you are in the habit of sharing everything with your special someone. But learn to keep mum so as not to let out the secret.
- Do not live trails behind: Take care so that your mate does not overhear any conversation about planning the event, find your check-list or notice anything that will give away your plans.
To conclude, remember that the central idea is to gift a perfect day or evening to your significant other; and you are the best person to know your mate’s likes and dislikes. If there’s a clash between your likes and that of your lover’s, let her/his wants override yours, at least just this time. After all you’d hate to have a sulking chief guest at your party! The bottom line is that you should make sure that the surprise turns out to be special and pleasant one for your partner – one that she/he would remember with fondness for years to come.
- Valentine's Day (44)
- Boyfriend (46)
- Gift Ideas(12)
- Kissing (20)
- Romantic Ideas(29)
- Dating (62)
- Relationship (204)
- I Miss You (2)
- Sorry (2)
- Friendship (39)
- Flirting (67)
- Cheating (16)
- Marriage (28)
- Divorce (5)
- Honeymoon (1)