Top 10 Ways To Decorate Your House For A Sensuous Date At Home
It happens to me. And I’m sure it happens to you too, or at least some of you, barring those saintly people. One fine morning you wake up and feel like pepping up the passion portion in your relationship to intensify your connection with your lover – of course in the privacy of your home. Or, after a hectic work week, all you want to do in the weekend is to let romance and pampering take over while staying put in the comforts of your own home.
Romance at home! Sounds drab to you?! Well, it would not any more, once you master the art of creating sinful interiors with minor alterations and additions to your existing decor and make your home feel like a honeymoon suit from a plush hotel.
To keep a relationship alive, it is essential that we keep changing the backdrop so as to heighten the sensation and keep the mystery alive. After all it is variety that spices up love-making!
Here are top ten ways that will help you to create the perfectambiancefor a sizzling date at home:
- Set the mood with ambient lighting: Romance is always associated with dim lights that create intimacy. The shades created by soft lighting plays up the mystery factor we all want our love-live to retain. If your house does not have dimmer options, cover bright lights with dark cotton cloths. Lampshades are your friends of the moment. Lighting up candles will also give you the same effect.
- Beautify the bed: This would be the place you plan to spend a large part of your time. Make it luxurious. Use a plush sheet, add some pillows and cushions, and complete the look with a gorgeous throw. A tip – silk and satin may sound exciting, but cotton may be your best friend to soak up the heat of a passionate union.
- Play with colors: Colors have always been associated with creating the rightambiance. Choose the colors that speak romance to you. The accepted norm is red and pink. But a man may find them too feminine. Dark chocolate colors, shades of blue can achieve the same effects pretty well.
- Set the bath: A couple bath will help the both of you relax, especially if it is after a hard day at work. Run a bubble bath, add some scented cologne and soak up the pampering of the warm touch.
- Hit the senses with beautiful fragrance: Don’t overdo this. A small bunch of flowers, a few scented votives, an elegant bowl filled with potpourri will be enough accomplices. Also keep in mind that using strong fragrances in multitude may actually become a show dampener causing headache to your partner.
- Keep music options ready: Imagine dancing to the tunes of soft moody numbers locked in your lover’s arms, your head rested on her/his shoulders, your hands caressing gently the nape of her/his neck. Exactly this is what music does – create the symphony for instant connection.
- Pile up on treats: Champagne, chocolates, sweet fruits like strawberries have always been considered to perk up romance. Well a lecture on Aphrodisiac food that their effects may take up volumes. To cut the long story short, they not only affect the hormones, but also are excellent props when you are in a mood to be adventurous. How does licking up dripping wine from your partner’s lips sound?
- Snap all connections with the outer world: The last thing you would want on a romantic evening is a sudden phone call from say a distant cousin or a friend that may create a discord. It would perhaps be a good idea to unplug your phone, switch off your cell phone, and shut down your computer – all your Facebook friends and Twitter buddies can wait. You may even consider putting a “Do Not Disturb” sign on your front door.
- Use props to excite your lover: We have always related certain items to romance – keeping them handy helps to boost the mood. Aromatic massage oil may provoke your lover to give you a sensuous massage, a big mirror or a few small mirrors around may make you enjoy seeing each other in intimacy.
- Keep it clean: Nothing acts as a mood spoiler more than an unkempt home. Remember to take out the trash, to change the sheets, to clean the restroom, tidy up your home etc. A messy home may prevent you and your partner from feeling relaxed.
To conclude, remember that the allure of the backdrop should never be overt. Loud is kinky. Not sophisticated or charming. You would not like to transform your home into something you’d feel uneasy about once your hormones set back to normal and you get back to your routine life. This includes any permanent changes like opening up a wall (so that you can see your lover soaking up the bubble bath from your bed) or difficult to fix changes like altering the wall color (an all red or pink bedroom), etc. You would not want to live with them day in and day out probably. It’s the temporary thing about the dcor that would make it so sensual, so memorable, something you’d like to come back to time and again.
- Valentine's Day (44)
- Boyfriend (46)
- Gift Ideas(12)
- Kissing (20)
- Romantic Ideas(29)
- Dating (62)
- Relationship (204)
- I Miss You (2)
- Sorry (2)
- Friendship (39)
- Flirting (67)
- Cheating (16)
- Marriage (28)
- Divorce (5)
- Honeymoon (1)