When you are in a romantic relationship, every moment is special and hence you might not need a special occasion to plan for a romantic dinner for two.
No matter how old your relationship is a romantic dinner is always a welcoming addition to rekindle the sparks between you and hence the idea is to enjoy a quite and uninterrupted evening with your spouse or partner.
Now, you can plan for a romantic dinner for two on your anniversary, birthday of your partner or just like that but you need to know ‘how to make a romantic dinner for two’ plan a success.
Time to make plans: The idea behind the romantic dinner for two is to have a quality time together without any interruption and hence you will want to make sure that things which can prevent you of those moments are taken care of before you plan for the dinner.
- If you have kids, arrange for a babysitter or send them for a slipover party.
- Make sure that both you and your partner have the night off and all your important assignments are finished.
- Reschedule or postpone all your appointments and also avoid inviting guests on that day.
- Buy the favorite wine, which will let you add the extra dimension to the evening.
- Pick up some fresh flowers, candles and a bunch of romantic music to set the right mood for the event.
- Turn off the television and switch off your mobile so that you don’t get distracted.
Select a menu: What is that your partner loves to eat? If you have plans to make a special dish for the evening make the plans ahead. Create a shopping list and get all the ingredients from the nearby store. Keep in mind about any ingredient that your spouse might be allergic to. Keep the menu simple and don’t forget to pair it up with perfect wine. Add champagne to the list if you are celebrating a special occasion.
Prepare the dish: The idea of a romantic dinner is to spend time together. So, you will not want to spend the entire evening in the kitchen. Hence, keep the menu simple. Stick to the favorite dishes of your spouse. Unless you are not an excellent cook, the romantic dinner isn’t the time to try for a new preparation. Keep some appetizer ready so that your spouse can munch on it while you prepare the dinner. Set the right mood with romantic music and candles.
Create the ambience: Set the table, spread the best tablecloth on it, put some fresh flowers at the centre, take out the best dishes and wine glasses and also set the candles. Next, dress up elegantly to match the mood. Put on the music and you are ready to have a great romantic dinner together.
Now, once we have told you how to make your idea for a romantic dinner successful here are some ideas on dishes that you can make on your romantic dinner for two.
- Filet Mignon with an excellent Merlot wine sauce
- Chicken with sautéed vegetables
- Rack of Lamb With Red Wine Sauce
- Skillet Chicken With Tomatoes
- Roast Duckling With Champagne Sauce
- Easy Sweet Onion Chicken Breast Bake
- Brie-Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Spaghetti with Shrimp
- Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin
- Scalloped Oysters
- Shrimp Creole
- Shrimp in Parsley Butter
- Tortellini with Peas and Parmesan
- Grilled Salmon Sandwiches
For desserts you can have,
- Chocolate Truffles
- Cherry Chocolate Cookies
- Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies
- Layered Brownie Torte
- Chocolate fondue
- Chocolate Bread Pudding
Wine ideas for a romantic dinner for two,
- Pinot Noir
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Valentine's Day (44)
- Boyfriend (46)
- Gift Ideas(12)
- Kissing (20)
- Romantic Ideas(29)
- Dating (62)
- Relationship (204)
- I Miss You (2)
- Sorry (2)
- Friendship (39)
- Flirting (67)
- Cheating (16)
- Marriage (28)
- Divorce (5)
- Honeymoon (1)