Anniversary Vows - Contemporary and Christian
We all must have heard statements or vows such as "Till death do you part" or "Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today" and so on. It would be a good idea to go through few anniversary vows on your wedding anniversary day.
When you are planning your anniversary, exchange of romantic vows can create a different feel altogether to the evening. You can pen down your own marriage anniversary vow and utter them to your wife. You share these anniversary pledges over a candle light dinner or whilst taking a walk on the beach.
Some couples on their anniversaries decide to repeat their wedding process of exchanging rings once again and then share some sweet anniversary vows with each other. You can refer to some of the contemporary anniversary vows.
Contemporary Anniversary Vows
With regards to the modern day anniversary vows, you can read out lines written by eminent authors and poets. These lines are used by couples now as vows that they share on their anniversaries or when spending time with each other.
One of the famous anniversary vows by Elizabeth Barrett Browning from her "Sonnets from the Portuguese" is given below:-
If you are looking at simple anniversary vows you can try reading these lines from the I Ching testaments:
"When two people are at one in their inmost hearts, They shatter even the strength of iron and bronze. And when two people understand each other in their inmost hearts, Their words are sweet and strong, Like the fragrance of orchids."
Christian Anniversary Vows
Christian vows are mostly known for their use of thought and affirmation. There is a sense of accomplishment and responsibility that gets expressed with the Christian pledges. These are anniversary lines, entrusts both the man and wife as two important aspects of a bond. The success of the marriage depends on each other. These romantic pledges make them realize their individual purpose in the marriage. You can share some of the Bible anniversary vows with your beloved:-
- So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. (27)
- Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man. (22)
- "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."
Song of Solomon 7:10-12
- "I belong to my lover, and his desire is for me."
Most of the traditional Christian anniversary oaths are found through the solemnization of the ceremony that is derived from the Anglican Book of Common prayer. One of the famous Christian vows are:-
5. "Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow; but woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up. Again, if two lie together, they are warm; but how can one be warm alone? And though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him."
Anniversary vows add a solemnity to your wedding anniversary, there by making both of you cherish your bond.
- Chocolate Valentine Ideas
- Exotic Dating Ideas
- Seasons of Love
- Hugs - The Priceless Pleasure of Life
- Wedding Proposals
- Romantic Holidays
- Love Is Forever
- Rain And Romance
- Sunset And Beyond
- Falling Asleep In Your Arms
- The Beauty of Her Beauty
- It is all About Togetherness
- Lets walk the miles of smiles together
- Save the date..It's our big day!
- Watch my legs speak for me
- Dress to Impress your dream man!
- Let your fingers do the talking!
- Stylize your nails!
- Don't just make love, enjoy love!
- Make your lips Irresistible
- Every kiss has to be different
- Lingerie kindles Longing!
- Why make me Wait?
- Love Picture Quotes
- Life Picture Quotes
- Best Friend Picture Quotes
- Boyfriend Picture Quotes
- Girlfriend Picture Quotes
- Crush Picture Quotes
- Friendship Picture Quotes
- Inspirational Picture Quotes
- Love Hurts Picture Quotes
- Missing You Picture Quotes
- Motivational Picture Quotes
- Thinking of You Picture Quotes